Last nights job was to prepare something small that I could snack on during my busy week. I usually like to eat a piece of fruit for a snack but this week I felt like it was time for a little more variety, so I made these delicious protein cacao balls. These are so easy to make, they took about 20mins (excluding soaking time of dates) to create. Give them a try.
1 cup organic raw brazil nuts
1/2 cup organic raw hazelnuts
1/4 cup organic raw almonds
1 cup organic dates
1/2 cup organic raw cacao powder
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
2 tbsp chia seeds – black or white (optional)
1 tsp goji berries (optional)
2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Soak the dates in warm water for 15mins. Then drain off water.
Using a food processor blend all the nuts (brazil nuts, almonds, hazelnuts) in into a crumbly mix.
- Then empty ingredients into a large bowel.
- Now place the dates, cacao powder, coconut oil, shredded coconut, chia seeds, goji berries and maple syrup (honey) into the food processor
and blend well.
- Combine all the blended ingredients into a mixing bowl
and mix well.
- Roll mixture into 2cm round balls.
- Place the balls in a lined air tight container for 1 hours.
- Store balls in fridge for up to a week or place in freezer and defrost daily as needed to last longer.
Makes 26 balls.
Stay healthy. Stay curious. Prepare.